BOLINGBROOK, IL – November 5, 2014 – COTG, A Xerox Company, raised $6,500 for breast cancer research during the company’s Almost 5K for Breast Cancer. The money will be donated to the Chicagoland affiliate of Susan G. Komen, the world’s largest breast cancer organization.

“Everyone can think of someone they know that has been affected by breast cancer; a mother, daughter, sister, spouse, family member or friend,” said Supply Manager, Mona Saul. “Giving some of our time, effort and competitiveness to raise funds for this cause is the least we can do for those who are fighting this battle.”

Over 60 people participated in the fundraiser walk that was (almost) 5K. Bolingbrook turned pink as family, friends – and a few dogs – joined together to support and honor those whose lives have been touched by breast cancer.

For six weeks, teams within COTG campaigned to raise the most money with the winning team receiving a group outing. With a grand total of $2,600, the Supply Team was victorious. However, instead of opting for a group outing, the team generously decided to donate the money back to the fundraiser.

“Breast cancer doesn’t attack women over a certain age; it attacks women and men of all age groups,” said Supply Analyst Denise Lanik. “If it was just the few dollars our team raised, it might make a difference to find a cure, or help somebody get a wig or have a support group available in their area. Together we will fight to find a cure. If we can put a smile on one person’s face, we did more then raise money.”

Now in its third year, COTG’s October fundraisers for breast cancer have raised over $17,000 for Susan G. Komen for research, education and to help fight breast cancer in the Chicagoland area.

“We truly value our partnership with COTG and thank them for raising vital dollars in the fight against breast cancer,” said Susan Tybon, CEO of Susan G. Komen Chicago. “Year after year COTG employees continue to rally together to fight for a world without breast cancer. The COTG 5K funds will be used to help those in need with 75% of funds staying here in the Chicagoland community funding lifesaving services like screenings, treatment and navigation and the remaining 25% going towards funding ground breaking research.

“On behalf of Susan G. Komen, thank you to the entire COTG family,” she said.

About Susan G. Komen – Chicago

Susan G. Komen® – Chicago was established in 1997 and holds two Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® events annually in Chicago and Lombard. Komen Chicago has awarded nearly $15 million towards the fight against breast cancer by funding grassroots breast health navigation, breast cancer screening and treatment projects, as well as global research. Seventy-five percent of net proceeds generated by Komen Chicago stay in the Chicagoland area, while the remaining 25 percent supports the Susan G. Komen® Grants Program for research, with many grants at local Chicago institutions. For more information please call 773-444-0061 or visit

About COTG, A Xerox Company

COTG, A Xerox Company (NYSE: XRX), is one of the nation’s largest and most respected consultancy firms specializing in workflow assessment and optimization. COTG has successfully led Fortune 500 companies, as well as small organizations – in every industry from education to healthcare and manufacturing – to achieve better financial results, improve operational efficiency and reduce environmental impact.

COTG Almost 5k


Best & Brightest Companies in Chicago To Work For

Social Networking

Chicago Office Technology Group, Inc, Managed Print Service, Bolingbrook, IL


  • Corporate Headquarters
  • 3 Territorial Ct.
  • Bolingbrook, IL 60440
  • P: 630-771-2600
  • F: 630-771-2601


HP Qualified